Sunday 18 November 2018

QLD property taxes government



Things are looking very bleak now - property market values falling nationwide other than a few pockets here and there. Queensland is not immune it seems as well with signs of problems there as well. Very low auction clearance rates.
The contagion is spreading with the media (online, paper, TV and radio) just being totally saturated with negative news that is self-fulfilling. It is almost hourly being reported.

In my circumstances - I feel like I am a complete slave to Queensland now. I cannot sell my property (which would unshackle me from the chains of their taxes) as I would be set for a massive loss (bought & renovated less than 2 years ago) if I sold now based on recent property appraisals - seeing me potentially broke/living very frugally in my later years of retirement, needing to eventually go onto the pension and social housing to live in misery. Then I can be a burden to the tax payer! Thanks Palaszczuk. Labor can take money off me now, but by sending me to the financial wall they will have to support me till I die.

Now I cannot stay overseas long term as per my retirement plans - I have had to come back to avoid the next annual round of the severe Land Tax & Absentee Surcharge. Living out of a suitcase and unsure where to go and what to do. But the cost of living in Australia for me as a medically retired self funded retiree is also too excessive to live. I am caught in a Catch 22. Unable to live life on my terms. A Slave to the QLD State.

I am sure my issues can resonate with others with similar problems. Even those with very different issues - we are all affected in so many negative ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A $1 billion hit to the Queensland budget as property market slides

A $1 billion hit to the Queensland budget as property market slides A $1 billion hit to the Queensland budget as property market slides